Somebody submitted a request for taking down my youtube channel

The NewEarth Lady

Somebody submitted a request for taking down my youtube channel

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 am

somebody submitted a request to youtube for taking down my youtube channel because of copyrights on images. actually, a person who contributed to the channel and was its fan for a long time. he/she got very offended because I did not read carefully email he/she sent. and not the first person who felt offended in such a way (because they just don't' realize that it is physically impossible to give proper attention to all mail because of the time factor).

by the way most (or probably all) other creators or authors who have at least as much audience size as me simply ignore mail and don't even make it clear to the people who write to them that nobody monitors the mail. but ... although I handled this problem relatively well and did not handle it perfectly... if my channel survives I will make an extra endeavour to inform people that only very short messages can be read by me personally. ok, and I start here and now - as far this forum I read personally only the short messages of the "mistakes" and "questions" section which have passed moderation (means submitted int he correct category and correct format).

let's see what will youtube do. millions of other channels are in the same situation. we all use images of others and their origin cannot be traced in a reasonable amount of time to make a video after all.
the creator of the youtube videos

Tone

Re: somebody submitted a request for taking down my youtube channel

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am

I am very sorry to hear this Sylvie..
Your channel being taken down will not stop your video's being uploaded, as people interested in your work will be re-uploading them..

But I'm sure this is a deeply frustrating problem.. and probably not the first time you have had this..
It really is time that we had a fair way of using photo's and the like.
My own belief is, the best way might be a code at the bottom of the photo, clip.. people interested in finding who took the photo, would go to an online database.. where permissions could be asked also..

I also believe.. that in a sense.. uploading a photo is "giving it away"
They may still "own" it.. but essentially are giving use of it.
I worry about where this is going.
What happened to these "fair use" policies..?
Its becoming an impossible mess.
If there is some way we can help.. please ask / suggest.

Metaluna

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm very distressed to read this as well. I hope you don't have to take your channel down and some work around or compromise can happen. You do such an outstanding job of waking folks up, we can't lose that.
Dreams are real while they last, can more be said of life.

Chaibudesh

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm

What happened to fair use of film? Sorry to hear this news. Figure out how to post videos to your own website and start a mailing list to alert to new posts.

Tone

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 am

Hey Roy..
Glad to see you back.. :)

Yes.. what you say is true I think..
Some of the photo's Sylvie uses are old though..
And others very difficult to trace true ownership..
Companies like "Getty images" are also buying up photo's that imo really should be in the public domain anyway.. you know Sylvie doesn't have the funds for that..
A solution must be found that is more fair for everyone I think..
Should the "owners" of land that contains a site / megalith / artifact be rolling in money from scouring the internet, looking for people to charge money for using "their" site / megalith / artifact?

I think your situation is a little different.. people controlling the sites you visit are really looking for "baksheesh".. which is wrong imo.. but you have no choice.. no-one defends your case and you must pay. Its wrong, but thats the way it is..
ALL archaeological sites are public domain imo..
Land-owners have a right to charge a (small) fee imo.. but thats it.
I think taking a photo of something one did not create does not give one "ownership" of that photo imo, but until there is an honest debate about this, and a fair solution found.. we will continue to have problems.

admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Chaibudesh wrote:
Figure out how to post videos to your own website
Can't do that - as it takes too much bandwidth = will be far too expensive.
Forum Admin

admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Roy is unbanned after a short ban.

Be a good boy, Roy. Don't argue about this-and-that. And you can stay.
Forum Admin

roysingh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:45 pm
Roy is unbanned after a short ban.

Be a good boy, Roy. Don't argue about this-and-that. And you can stay.
Thank You, but I'll be using this username from now on. Besides this I need to delete my thread from the old forum, how do I do that ?

admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Thanks for your patience and good will, Roy. I still have things to learn about being admin. As the bear said to the other bear in the forest:
Please bear with me.
:)

If you don't want to keep your old threads on the old forum, I can delete them for you.

Alternative is to copy them over here. If you want.
Forum Admin

roysingh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:22 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:15 pm
If you don't want to keep your old threads on the old forum, I can delete them for you.

Alternative is to copy them over here. If you want.
Yes, please kindly delete all my old threads. I will create a new on here myself. Thank You.

admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 pm

roysingh wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:22 pm
Yes, please kindly delete all my old threads.
Done.

(And the entire old forum will be deleted soon.)
Forum Admin

roysingh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 pm
Done.
(And the entire old forum will be deleted soon.)
Thank You, but is there something wrong with this new forum? I'm trying to Reply to my friends post Tone but my posts is not showing up... Is there some technical problem here ?

admin
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Tone wrote:
Hey Roy..
TEST TEST TEST

Seems OK. (I tried out your permissions.) Try again!

...You may experiment as much as you like in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43
Forum Admin

roysingh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Tone wrote:
Hey Roy..
Hi Buddy,

I tried to reply your earlier but it seems that my posts keeps disappearing don't know why. Anyway yeah those guys definitely want Bakshees in the form of permit and as you know the bureaucracy in India is really messy.

Anyway, for our India trip I already spent US$5'500 preparing for everything including the local team there, hotels, food, security, permits, 2 vehicles (1 jeep), plane tickets, visa's, etc.

So hopefully all goes well and it's worth it all buddy... :)

So we need to find a good solution for the material source problems? I suggest a cooperation with Photographers/Videographers for mutual benefits... :)

Chaibudesh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:33 pm

It may come to it there is a need to post video elsewhere. I subscribe to Brother Nathanael Kapner’s mail list, he has been banned from YouTube a number of times for the words he speaks against jews (he was born into an orthodox jewish family yet converted to the russian orthodox church). He uses https://clipbucket.com
to host his videos. Just setting up ideas for an alternative to JewTube.
You know it, it may come to that. 108 Morris does a video almost everyday and relys on donations, it may come to that for New Earth and why not?
Also, collect subscribers emails from YouTube by announcing an emailing list. Should you be unfortunate to be banned you will have a way to update your fans of new content.
admin wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Chaibudesh wrote:
Figure out how to post videos to your own website
Can't do that - as it takes too much bandwidth = will be far too expensive.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Somebody submitted a request for taking down my youtube channel

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm

I was unaware of Clipbucket.

Yes, Brother Nathanael Kapner is great. And ... it's no mystery why YouTube doesn't like him very much.
Forum Admin

Tone

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm

Roysingh said..
"I tried to reply your earlier but it seems that my posts keeps disappearing don't know why. Anyway yeah those guys definitely want Bakshees in the form of permit and as you know the bureaucracy in India is really messy."

Some mix up roy..
probably our mod thought you were advertising external resources..
which is (depending on type) against forum rules.. he's bound to enforce them.
Dont worry.. he's generally a good guy..
Yes 5 1/2 grand is a very big outlay.. is the site you linked to yours..?
Newearth is generally interested in photo's linked to specific topic's she researching.. and if any of your photo's are of that type, I'm sure she would be pleased to have a source like yours.. there is a link on the main website (megaliths.org) where is asking for specific info.. and on this forum.. in the "help the research" thread. check them out.
I think she has made more than one video covering india.. but surely with such a huge place, there is always more to discover.. check out "the stolen history of india" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJceFK2zXQ to see some of her findings.. I believe she lived there for a while..
Roy.. you know, people are always trying to re-coup some of the money they spend visiting and researching places.. It seems you are spending much of your time and money doing just that..
Newearth too has put many video's online.. (well over 100) many of which are over an hour long.. I dont know how many hours that is just editing them.. let alone the research, putting down voice-overs, and uploading alone can take hours as I'm sure you know..
And apart from the odd small donation, I dont think she has recieved anything for her efforts.. I bet you're in exactly in the same position..
And I think the reasons are..
Most people aren't interested.. they would rather spend their time watching football or listening to some pop star, than learn the truth, (which we know is being actively suppressed) about their own history and cultures.. and among the others,there is also a large proportion, who do not really think about thanking via a small donation, or even say thankyou just in a typed message..! we are fighting against an education & media system which is teaching.. "think only of yourself, work hard for low wages, spend your free time getting stupid, (tv etc) and do not question anything, because you will never learn anything, and are too stupid to do anything about it if you do"
They do not recognise what an important resource people like newearth & you are, because they are being taught not to.
I think all that can be done is what you suggest about like-minded people such as yourself, networking, and continuing to build the vast library of information about our ancient & not so ancient true history.. I think many of the people doing this will not be recognised 'til long after their deaths..
I hope you keep a journal / diary.. it will be needed one day.
I'm sorry for going on so long.. and for such negativity..
Best wishes.
Tone.

roysingh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 am

Tone wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm
And I think the reasons are..
Most people aren't interested.. they would rather spend their time watching football or listening to some pop star, than learn the truth, (which we know is being actively suppressed) about their own history and cultures.. and among the others,there is also a large proportion, who do not really think about thanking via a small donation, or even say thankyou just in a typed message..! we are fighting against an education & media system which is teaching.. "think only of yourself, work hard for low wages, spend your free time getting stupid, (tv etc) and do not question anything, because you will never learn anything, and are too stupid to do anything about it if you do"
They do not recognise what an important resource people like newearth & you are, because they are being taught not to.
I think all that can be done is what you suggest about like-minded people such as yourself, networking, and continuing to build the vast library of information about our ancient & not so ancient true history.. I think many of the people doing this will not be recognised 'til long after their deaths..
Hi Buddy,

As always you are absolutely right regarding our situation now. People doing the same thing like us encounter the same thing that is lack of recognition and lack of funds because doing these things takes a lot of money to do and no one is willing to even donate or support. I personally do not put any donation button in our gallery and if people like any of our photos and they want to use it for commercial purposes such as sell posters, postcards, t-shirts, jackets, etc. with our photos on it they can purchase our "Royalty Free and Licensed" photo for US$120. In 4 years of our gallery existence we have only sold about US$2'000 worth of sales which is NOTHING compared to the Tens of Thousands of dollars we have poured into it.

That's why we feel and understand what Sylvie is going through cause we are in the same boat. Thank God that my wife is a Russian and have a tough character otherwise no one with the right mind would sacrifice so much doing this and since she's a lecturer and loves books she helps me out with basic information regarding the sites that I'm going to explore.

BTW, we have met Mr.Giorgio Tsoukalos (of Ancient Aliens) and Mr.Praveen Mohan (of Phenomenal Travel Video channel in Youtube) a few times in different locations and they are very intelligent and very open minded people. They too invest a lots of time, money, and energy to produce their materials and I really do respect them for that.

So as you've mentioned it buddy, lets collaborate together and share our information and materials that way our research can be more complete and comprehensive with lots and lots of resources poured into it buddy. We are willing to help Sylvie if she needs our help.

Chaibudesh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:36 am

There is no shame in asking for donations, anyone fighting the good fight for the truth deserves to be thrown a bone when they are under pressure to capitulate to false authority.

roysingh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 am

In regards to the Permits required to photograph protected sites in India here I show you just one of those permits as a reference ;

So as you can see we (Temples Zone) enter sites "Legally" with permits and even so sometimes in the fields we do get Harassed by the authorities. There was once an incident in a country (no names please) where we had the permit to photo but they still harassed us asking for Work Permit in their country which they claimed different from photo permit. After a lengthy monetary negotiation with the Boss then only we were allowed to continue, they even cleared the tourists for us "After" we gave them money...

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. No scaffolding shall be erected within the precincts of Monument.
2. No direct tracing shall be made, nor any erroneous matter such
as water, oil grease etc. shall be applied.
3. Artificial light (flash) shall not be used in respect of the paintings.
4. No obstruction shall be caused to the visitors.
5. A set of the Photographs/soft copy taken by you shall be given to
the department Positively.
6. Entry of any type of vehicle within the monuments premises is strictly prohibited.
7. Permission is granted only for the exterior of the monuments.
8. Prescribed entry fee should be paid if monuments are ticketed.
9. ASI would not be responsible if any injury or fatality caused during the said work.
10. The instructions of Superintending Archaeologist or the staff on duty at the Monuments shall be adhered to.
11. The photogaphy can be done only from sunrise to sunset.
12. Courtesy of the department (ASI), should be acknowledged.
Attachments
Permit_002.jpg
Permit_002.jpg (183.43 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Permit_001.jpg
Permit_001.jpg (161.93 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

Tone

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:25 am

Roysingh wrote..
"In regards to the Permits required to photograph protected sites in India here I show you just one of those permits as a reference"

Oh man.! and still more begging for cash after all the red tape.?
kind of disgusting.
What do they think.. everyone outside india has pockets full of cash?
And its not like you have a tv show or something..
I know indonesia has some industry.. but its not known as a "rich" country is it?
I agree with the poster above who said you should offer a donate button on your site.. but I tell you two things.. I think you should say.. if you like our site and can afford it.. please send us 1 dollar..with paypal button, but also give an address to send it to, too, some people dont trust / dont have the means for electronic transactions.. try it.
The other thing.. dont shoot the messenger! :)
I think $120 for a royalty free photo is too much.. (aargh.. not the face! please) I think less than half that would sell you a LOT more photo's.. You could also have your more spectacular ones for more money..
and also maybe even cheaper with your site address at the bottom..
I dont run a business.. so these are just suggestions..
Hopefully Sylvie will take a look at what you have said above, and then your site..
I think you ought to look at the contact options on megaliths.org
(click on newearth..) maybe contacting her directly, might give some results regarding colaboration.. my tip? keep it short, she gets a LOT of mail.. and tends to filter out very long ones..
Good luck in all you do Roy.
Last edited by Tone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chaibudesh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 am

It is probably a country where it is common to bribe officials. Sad. 🤝💸 Take your pictures and negotiate the penalty afterward. -We live in a time where people are dumb and cannot decipher a penalty from a tax.
Tone wrote:
keep it short, she gets a LOT of mail.. and tends to filter out very long ones..

roysingh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 am

Tone wrote:
I know indonesia has some industry.. but its not known as a "rich" country is it?
I agree with the poster above who said you should offer a donate button on your site.. but I tell you two things.. I think you should say.. if you like our site and can afford it.. please send us 1 dollar..with paypal button, but also give an address to send it to, too, some people dont trust / dont have the means for electronic transactions.. try it.
The other thing.. dont shoot the messenger! :)
I think $120 for a royalty free photo is too much.. (aargh.. not the face! please) I think less than half that would sell you a LOT more photo's.. You could also have your more spectacular ones for more money..
and also maybe even cheaper with your site address at the bottom..
I dont run a business.. so these are just suggestions..
Hopefully Sylvie will take a look at what you have said above, and then your site..
I think you ought to look at the contact options on megaliths.org
(click on newearth..) maybe contacting her directly, might give some results regarding colaboration.. my tip? keep it short, she gets a LOT of mail.. and tends to filter out very long ones..
Hi Buddy,

Yes you are right regarding the "Royalty Free" prices and as a matter of fact we are working to provide a much cheaper price of only US$10 for photos with a reduced resolution and DPI's which can be used for websites or other online usage. But for that we need to purchase more storage space for the files cause they are different files. Eventually we'll get it done though its just a matter of time. Just as a side note it takes a Huge Space to store these Full Resolution photos as 1 photo could take something like 15 - 25MB.

The Donation button is also a very good idea and I'll ask our Webmaster how to do it cause it involves some technical matters which I'm really not good at.

Thanks for the input buddy... :)

roysingh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Just FYI, regarding the Copyright Infringement Notice. I just had a friendly talk with our copyright agents and asked them regarding Sylvie’s matter and they said that All Takedown Notices are sent to the Server Owners and thats what the attorneys will target because they are business entities and they won’t want to jepordize their business just for a user specially the Free Users. So in any host we use if they get a Takedown Notice the users account will be suspended if no actions are taken by the user. My agents also tells me that Copyright cases are won by yhe Copyright Holders in Majority of the cases.

Just to add some more information, just like a Model Release form there is also Propert Release form this is a form that the property owner should sign giving us the legal authority to publish/sell photos/videos of the property concerned. This may be a Private Property or Govt. Property. So it is always safe to obtain a permit in Advance before shooting to avoid potential problems in the future. Different Govt have different sets of rules and regulations hence before I go anywhere to shoot I always consult my attorney just to be on the safe side as they can obtain more informations regarding the laws of the country in concern.

Maybe you can read this - https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us ... y-Release-

So we just have to be very careful... 👍

kaydii

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 am

Greetings,

I only just found newearth , and am blown away at
both the quantity and quality of your work.

Growing megaliths from living stones and earth the giant ancient mine
are a couple of real eye openers I've seen so far.

I'm certain there will be countless more.

So I'm now hooked on your channel and when I saw
it may be taken down I mirrored it here for safety.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmuW_b ... UPA/videos

Should Youtube take down your channel, here is a backup.

you can have the account info and update the password
and security settings to your own, just tell me where to send it.

I can create new mirrors again in a day or 2 if you ever needed.

mirroring your channel created 32 copyright notices..

most on videos with zero views, so youtube must
be flagging them based on the original file hash.

You can see the list here:

https://i.imgur.com/HwmmnVp.jpg

so far no big deal though.. Google Adsense is off,
and that's what copyright notices usually affect..

The posts above regarding selling your photos gave me an idea.

You could create your own web shop selling megaliths.org apparel
stamped with your photos using a print-on-demand provider..

That way it doesn't cost you anything.

A customer orders on your site, pays you a retail price,
and you use their money to buy the item at wholesale
and the supplier ships it to them.

You hold no inventory, do no shipping, and have no upfront costs
other than creating the site and promoting it.

I can help create you a shop for free or show what you need to
do it yourself.

The reason I think this may work is your channel currently has
64,125 subscribers.

If you can get even 2% of them to buy a megaliths.org shirt, hat,
mug, socks, whatever, where you had a $10 margin, that would be
1282 people giving you $10, so $12820.00 profit to help you make
more videos.

I'll happily be your first customer.