Eski Kerman "an old fortress" in Russia

Metaluna

Eski Kerman "an old fortress" in Russia

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Bob suggested I recreate this thread in our new home here. So I will.
What a place, "they" call it a medieval fortress city (I can always use a good laugh in the morning).

Here is a link to many many pictures of Eski Kerman. Again another mind boggling site, one can only try and imagine the grandeur of this place at one time and the magnitude. WOW
Eski Kerman

You'll see various "cart ruts", oh brother, in many places too. As with all of the really old rock cities, cities in rocks, it has my mind reeling, I like to try and imagine what could have been there, what the cities looked like.
With all the mining that was going on, if it was the same time and I suspect it was, the planet at that point might have looked rather grim in many places.
For instance I wouldn't have wanted to live next door to the mining operation that was going on at the Grand Canyon. Or Yellowstone, which today looks like a toxic waste dump, I have been there!

Eski Kerman is such a huge site, I urge everybody to check it out more, it is astounding.
Attachments
Eski Kerman.jpg
Eski Kerman.jpg (170.63 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Dreams are real while they last, can more be said of life.

Tone

Re: Eski Kerman "an old fortress" in Russia

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Metaluna..
Yep.. as I commented on the old forum.. some top pics..
And much to be said for sylvies idea's about a dwarven civilistation, going by some of the "entrances" they dont look much like kilns or other manufacturing buildings to me.. and also you point out, signs of mining again.. they seem to be everywhere.

Metaluna

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Tone wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:28 am
Hi Metaluna..
Yep.. as I commented on the old forum.. some top pics..
And much to be said for sylvies idea's about a dwarven civilistation, going by some of the "entrances" they dont look much like kilns or other manufacturing buildings to me.. and also you point out, signs of mining again.. they seem to be everywhere.
I certainly wouldn't discount a dwarven civilization at some point in time.

I think Eski Kerman and other sites that have this same amount of wear and tear (they are in so many places) it's actually mind boggling, are the remains of vast cities, we are seeing the cores of the remains of huge structures. In many places mere shadows of building features can still be seen.

I see vast cities, that have been either covered at one time under unknown amounts of volcanic ash or a pyroclastic mudflow. Here is a picture of volcanic air fall and pyroclastic mudflow stratigraphy. (from Mt. St. Helens eruptions) I think this is what could have been covering the cities at some point in time and it eventual over many many thousands of years has slowly been weathered off, or in many cases humans start chipping/carving their way back in these ruin shells. And in many cases, Petra springs to mind, people come along, start carving facades on the ruins and they carve out spaces to live in and worship. Rock cut tombs. LOL they are actually going into what's left of the insides of huge buildings.
Mudflow 2.jpg
Mudflow 2.jpg (147.07 KiB) Viewed 555 times
I think cities like Eski Kerman are way before the flood, the flood could have been what started to uncover these places. And then any humans that managed to survive, they found these places and started burrowing in.

Here are more pictures from Sylvie's work.

http://www.megaliths.org/browse/category/40/view/149

Tone

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 am

Yes.. I think everything you say makes sense here.. depending on altitude of course.. for the successive floods, (I think it likely there were more than one, though some more remembered (bigger) than others.)

Metaluna

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Tone wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 am
Yes.. I think everything you say makes sense here.. depending on altitude of course.. for the successive floods, (I think it likely there were more than one, though some more remembered (bigger) than others.)
I'm sure trying to have things make sense to me anyway.
I think there was more than one major event, earthquakes, major world wide flood(s), and also almost destroying ourselves.
Petra was a bad example, because I think Petra was initially blown up by a major blast from above, there is evidence of melting rock and the blackened sheer cliff wall on the hidden entrance to the city. Whereas Eski Kerman I believe was covered up.

Also I feel altitude can be very tricky, trying to figure stuff out. Because Mt. Rainier, the 14,410 foot volcanic peak I live on the foot of, we find fossilized sea shells on Mt. Rainier. I know this probably sounds outlandish, but who knows when these massive hill top cities were flourishing. Could they have been on the sea floor at one time as well and have risen back up during an upheaval on Earth.

I ran across this "natural feature", Belaya Skala , in the Crimea, Eski Kerman is in the crimea too. I think this is the remains of a huge city complex as well, or one giatantic structure. It looks like the remains of Minas Tirith! (the White city in/on the mountain in LOTR) If you do a imagine search of this place you might be able to find some large pictures you can zoom in on better.
Or going by the second photo maybe this is one huge slag pile, because that is what the pile looks like in front of it.

Tone

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi metaluna..
Well in some ways..
it actually looks more like the giant cut stump of a tree to me.. ala "No forests"
Though I do not say dwellings / mines might not have been cut into it.. (before or after cutting..)
Or that I am not having another of my "insights" which turn out to be baseless.. :D

I should probably google it, to view more images.
I dont know about you metaluna.. but I'm so rarely happy with images (regarding sites / artifacts etc) I'm interested in.. I'm always thinking.. "Oh why couldn't you have taken a picture here? or from this angle?" I guess made all the worse by the fact I cant really travel to these places myself nowaday's.. Frustrating eh? :(

Metaluna

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Oh it is frustrating, I'm retired but I'm sure I won't be out traveling the globe inspecting ancient ruins myself, so I have to live vicariously through the pictures of others and the best way is just to explore the internet, it's really something what you can run across by chance. Much more out there than when I was a kid in the 50s-60's checking out books at the library about ancient mysterious places.

Now I'm pretty focused on rock formations, slag piles, mining, both present and ancient. And "rock-cities" and/or laughable "rock cut tombs". What nonsense, somebody burrowed into an antediluvian walk in closet or any room, take your pick, of an ancient building reduced through time and tide into a craggy "rock outcropping" with holes. We see this same thing everywhere. Just on the New Earth website is a staggering amount of evidence.